Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Inspired! Day 3 & 4



(1/3/11) 3. Admiring the Work of Others: I caught this moment while I was backstage at the Zac Posen show in NY during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. The look was created by Global Makeup Artist, Charlotte Willer for Maybelline Cosmetics. I had an opportunity to interview her after the show. One of my favorite things she said regarding the idea of beauty was, "it's imperfection that people love." She also said she had a blast creating this look for Zac! I had a blast taking pictures of her work. (check out her nails too)



(1/4/11) 4. Makeup as Art. Coloring outside the lines makes me smile. I delight in creating makeup that you wouldn't necessarily wear on a day to day basis, but something you would photograph and hang up in your room. I'm inspired by the Arts and Craft Store, examining the colorful items that catch my eye and envisioning how I can use it as makeup or in the hair. Here's a look I produced, along with the help of my sister Maria Blaich who keyed the hair.




No comments: