Friday, September 5, 2008


"Queue Rainbow!"
Indian Summer Editorial/Damsel Magazine

Not everyday is a walk in the park, just because I live and work in Hawaii.... okay, maybe it is! 
So here we have a shoot, that just went.... well, right. First of all, what a great team! I'm not only surrounded by talented, kind-hearted artists, they just happened to be great friends of mine too. 

 We start with our beloved model: Michelle Vaywer whom I just love! Born and raised right here in Kailua, Oahu, she's now traveling the world, modeling. She was also a wonderful guest speaker at the premier event for my new Foundation, Pure Beauty Ministries, that I just launched this past April.

 Next up, we have a very close friend of mine, Miss Crystal Pancipanci... what a name! 
She was the hairstylist for this shoot, and did an amazing job with our lil Tiger Lily!

 I of course, did the makeup; sticking with a bronze, terra cotta color palette that
 would make Pocahontas proud. (Okay, I've officially run out of female Indian names!) 

And the eye that captured it all, goes by the name of Daeja Fallas, whose an incredible photographer and again, a dear friend of mine. 

And this is when it starts getting truly magnificent. As if on queue, a double rainbow appears directly over the multi-colored Diane Von Ferstenberg dream of a dress, and makes every one of us atop that Pacific Heights mountain-top, sigh ..... 
It reminds me:
"Do not despise the rain, for it brings forth the most glorious wonders"
Can't get the rainbow without the rain!

  




It was calling my name :-)

2 comments:

Kat said...

I love
Love,
Love it!!!!
You really do have a magical life! I'm so completely loving you in that dress as well!
Love you a million trillion double rainbows!

Unknown said...

Hi beautiful!!! Thanks for the love! Your writing is so amazing!