Thursday, July 15, 2010

Making a Splash!


Surfer, Model, Actress: Check. World Traveler, Philanthropist, Entrepreneur: Check. Sweet-Spirited, Warm-Hearted, Full of Compassionate: check. 

This swimsuit siren is more than meets the eye, Hanna Cornett is a gem of a person. I first met this beach beauty at The Tag the World Charity Event she co-produced at The Royal Hawaiian Hotel, where we snapped a couple of red hot, red carpet pictures together. As Facebook would have it, we became friends. :-) Months later, we found ourselves soaking up the Hawaiian Sun, as we darted across the island filming for a series called, Honolulu Social Diaries... beach days, birthday parties, sailing around Waikiki in private yachts... you name it, we filmed it. And all the while, Hanna was as sweet as Haupia Pie. Fast forward to May 4th, 2010 we find ourselves back at The Royal Hawaiian Hotel (one of my most fave hotels) but this time, I'd be working with Hanna, as her Makeup Artist and Hair Stylist. It's no work at all really, when you get to 'work' with a friend! 

We were surrounded by lovely people. HI Luxury Magazine's Associate Publisher Linda Woo and Creative Director, Gina Lambert greeted us as we arrived to the famous pink hotel, while the talented and gorgeously pregnant, Yu Shing Tin arrived with bags of colorful bikinis. We were done with the shoot hours earlier than expected with plenty of time for laughs in between. I've said it before and I'll say it again... when you find a job you really love, you'll never work a day in your life. And I know, even as hard working as Miss Cornett is, she would whole heartedly agree. I'm inspired by this Swim Suit Siren, not only to get my okole in the gym, but more importantly to make sure while I'm on this beautiful journey called life, enjoying a career that I have found such fulfillment in, I take every opportunity to bless others and to cultivate beauty in the lives of the people around me. 

Empowering, Inspiring, Motivating: check. 



Makeup & Hair: Jessica Hoffman, Mup Assistant: Nellie Schrimer, Photographer: Katherine Fernandez, Fashion Editor: Yu Shing Ting




1 comment:

prettyyoungthing said...

VERY well-written. Cheers!