Friday, November 21, 2008

Water World


(M&H: Me / Model: Chelsey Ching / Photography: Linny Morris / Published in Honolulu Magazine)

Facial Misters aren't just for cooling.... they can also help hydrate and heal the skin. Which is why they're one of my favorite treats during a makeup, and also why I tote my aqua spritz to the beach with me, or throw one into a ziplock when I fly (which is monthly!). As we all know, sea salt, although healing in many ways, can leave your skin feeling less than perfect; same with flying. Recently I was teaching a seminar in a very air conditioned room for 8 hours straight. Half way into it, I was feeling dry, hoarse and not so hot. Thankfully I had my secret weapon with me. I pulled out my Facial Mister and felt immediate relief, I continued spraying throughout the seminar (on breaks of course!) and made it through the day with a little help from my friend. Here are some of my favorites:
      Try: M.A.C Fix + Vitamin and Mineral Spritz $16 / M.A.C Store, Ala Moana Mall This is my original fave. This smart formula consists of healing properties such as green tea extract, chamomile, and cucumber extract. Hyaluronic acid pulls moisture into the skin, and locks it in. And caffeine helps to de-puff.... both are infused into FIx +. I like to use this right before a moisturizer, and through-out the day.
      Peter Thomas Roth Aloe Tonic Mist $32 / Sephora or www.peterthomasroth.com This refreshing mist uses whole leaf aloe vera and Vitamin A and E for your comfort. Not only does this nourish and refresh your skin, it also removes excess residue and restores skin to its natural pH. Apply before moisturizer, as this will help all products that are applied afterwards to penetrate more effectively. 
We know the doctor's orders on how much water to drink each day.... don't you think your skin is thirsty too?  Bottom line... for a perfect world, make it a water world.

No comments: